Pages

Thursday, 11 April 2013

The Dark Table

I had such a great experience at Dark Table. I thought it would be a cool experience eating in the dark however, it ended up being much more than that for me. Because it was dark, it allowed me to let go of some of my insecurities. I felt more free to relax and be myself. I also felt more comfortable to talk about stuff that I would not have been able to so easily if we could see each other. My experience eating the food was significant as well. I told the girls I felt like I was having an intimate relationship with my food. I chose to get a surprise meal and I ate with my hands. I felt the textures and flavours of the food so acutely. I really appreciated my experience at Dark Table. I think it gave me awareness to certain parts of myself I would like to explore.

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment