Pages

Thursday, 11 April 2013

Pan-STARRS GAzin'





I find it liberating to celebrate (with food and drink) occasions other than traditional Holidays.  For example, May Day/ Beltane if you like summer, the spring equinox, my birthday, etc… Most Sundays, my partner and I go to my parents’ house for dinner. It’s great because my sister and her boyfriend cook awesome vegan food and my parents load up the bar fridge. A few weeks ago, the comet Pan-STARRS was making an appearance. My sister decided to make this the theme of our Sunday dinner. Her menu consisted of: borscht cloud and potato pan-STARRS ( latkes).  My partner and I were assigned to bring dessert. Pictured below is our original ‘comet vomit with stardust’ (3 types of sorbet and shimmery sprinkle topping with store bought vegan/gluten-free cookies). We were lazy.
Right before we ate, we brought the telescope out, but unfortunately we missed our chance to see the comet. The moon was nice, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment